The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) offers Virtual Student Exchange (VSE) programs.
The students from member universities take online courses and earn credits through "Academic Courses" and take culture courses through "Co-curricular Programs".
Season 1: offers regular-term courses with starting dates from July to December Season 2: offers regular-term courses with starting dates from January to June Season 3: offers intensive, short-term courses between May and August
Undergraduate students currently studying at Tohoku University.
The majority of academic courses offered through the VSE are taught in English. However, some courses on offer are taught in other languages. The language of instruction of a course can be found on the course details page of each course offering university.
No additional fees are required to take VSE courses. Pay your regular tuition to Tohoku University only. Any additional fees, if required, will be detailed under each course or program.
5. You will receive confirmation of your application by email from the VSE office. Forward this email to the Student Exchange Division as soon as possible.
6. You may receive an email about the outcome of your application from the VSE office, or about registration from the relevant university. Follow any instructions given in such emails and perform any required registration procedures.
An application could be withdrawn at any time and stage of application, including:
• Before the application is endorsed by the home university
• Before the application is approved by the course offering university
• After the applicant has enrolled in the course
Should you wish to withdraw your application, you need to:
1. Inform the course-offering university about your wish to withdraw from a course if you had already been approved to enroll in the course.
2. Fill in the withdrawal form, and hand it in to your faculty's Office of Educational Affairs.
3. After informing your faculty, you need to fill in a Google Form to notify the Student Exchange Division.
APRU VSE introduction Video
2. For Students from APRU participating Universities
Online, credit-bearing undergraduate courses are offered for APRU member universities.
Online, non-credit bearing programs for Japanese culture and society.
To Be Announced
Welcome to the Winter Owarai Live!
December 18, 2021
Manzai is a traditional form of Japanese stand-up comedy and represents one of the popular entertainments in Japan, Owarai. You will be able to deepen your understanding about Japanese pop culture at the event.
Exploring Japanese "Manzai" - Intercultural Comedy Show
July 14, 2021
Manzai is a traditional form of Japanese stand-up comedy where two or three comedians exchange joke-filled conversations at high speed. It is representative of "Owarai" (comedy), and is rising as a new icon of Japanese pop culture. In this special event, 7 hilarious teams of students from diverse cultural backgrounds performed intercultural Manzai.
Tohoku Global Campus Project
-Meet new friends at Tohoku University and around the world!-
May 23rd, 2021
Tohoku University student organizations, Tohoku University Global Campus Supporters and IPLANET, held an online social event for students from overseas partner universities.
The “Tohoku Global Campus Project” was launched as part of the Tohoku University Be Global Project to create opportunities for students from partner universities to interact with Tohoku University students. Participants can learn about Japan and Japanese culture through conversations with students at Tohoku University.