After two years off due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are excited to announce that we are going to organize the Tohoku University International Festival (TUIF) this year! The year 2022 also marks the 115th anniversary of Tohoku University’s founding. With the spirit of the theme “Reunion of Cultures 「つながる、再び」”, The 35th Tohoku University International Festival (TUIF) x The 115th Anniversary of Tohoku University will be a momentous celebration for us to remember and evoke our journey at Tohoku University. We are now inviting participants and volunteers to make this event happen. The details are as follows.
|Venue||Tohoku University Centennial Hall|
|Date||October 2, 2022 (Sunday)|
|Time||11:00 - 16:00 JST|
|We need||Participants for 10 Food Stalls
Participants for 5 Interactive Corners
Performers for Stage performances
|Dead line||For Food Stalls: Jul 8, 2022
For Interactive Corners: Jul 8, 2022
For Stage Performances: Jul 8, 2022
For Volunteers: Sep 24, 2022
|Contact||tohoku.tuif*gmail.com (please replace the "*" with "@")|
The details for each stall participant and volunteer:
Food Stall (10 Stalls)
1. Each food stall will not be given an initial funding but can retain all earnings.
2. Each food stall must prepare its own food and ingredients.
3. We recommend that each food stall presents the food that reflects a set of cultural cuisine.
4. Each food stall cannot serve alcohol.
5. In case the event is canceled, each food stall will receive a compensation of up to 20,000 JPY.
Interactive Corner (5 Stalls)
1. In this corner anything that connects people through the culture is expected. Boardgame, language exchange, exhibition etc.
2. Each group is allocated with one tent and is supported with necessities such as chairs and tables.
3. In case the event is canceled, each interactive corner will receive a compensation of up to 10,000 JPY.
Stage and Entertainment
There are two kind of performances:
1. Fashion Show (No limit)
2. Stage Performances (up to 20)
1. Come in ethnic costumes from various countries.
2. Demonstrate dances, music, and traditional martial arts from various countries
Volunteers (100 Volunteers)
1. Volunteers are expected to assist the festival decorations on the day before the event
2. Help as staff on the day of the festival, such as:
1. Prepare and call out the performers.
2. Assist with transitions of stage performance.
3. Guard the costume room
Be a part of us. Let’s make an amazing event together!
Previous TUIF event: 29th Tohoku University International Festival - TUIF29 (2014.10.19)